Fwd: Re: MythTV lirc error

let me rephrase please see attach. it's there I can't open or edit it yes
I tried as root.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: MythTV lirc error
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 12:30:02 -0500
From: Craig Ziegel <mwtransport@wisperhome.com>
To: silug <silug-discuss@silug.org>

Thank you I am just getting frustrated.

I can not find the lircd file do I need to make it ? If so would I do
this from the lirc remote control file specific to my unit?

Fedora 12 + users the default LIRC socket file name has changed to
/var/run/lirc/lircd , so you will need to update MythTV Settings -> General
from /dev/lircd ->/var/run/lirc/lircd and then restart mythfrontend.

Check first if lirc is installed before proceeding below...(eg find /
-name lircd)

# yum install lirc

This will install the Linux Infra-Red Control package. This is a daemon
which translates infra-red key presses into keyboard events, therefore you
will need to configure your remote control accordingly. Some examples of
the lircrc file can be found under /usr/share/doc/mythtv-$VERSION/

On Fri, 21 May
2010 11:32:30 -0500 Jim Buitt <jbuitt@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you need to su to root before you can do a modprobe..
>
> $ su -
> Password: <enter root password>
> #
>
> Jim
>

> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 11:17 AM, Craig Ziegel
> <mwtransport@wisperhome.com>wrote:
>

> > [htpc@htpc ~]$ modprobe lirc_i2c
> > FATAL: Error inserting lirc_i2c

(/lib/modules/2.6.32.12-115.fc12.x86_64/kernel/drivers/input/lirc/lirc_i2c.ko):

--
Thank You,

Craig Ziegel
MW Transport Systems