Re: Tethering and Linux

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage
<dsavage@peaknet.net> wrote:
> Teletypes... I remember the spring of 1975 at Andrews AFB where I'd been
> sent as a second lieutenant after comm-electronics engineering school.
> I'd graduated the previous summer from Arizona State University with a
> BSE(EE) specializing in solid state circuit design and fabrication (ASU
> gets a lot of money from Motorola). Another lieutenant friend of mine
> [snip]

This is where I mutter something along the lines of, "This thread has
gotten way off topic, but I'm going to be telling my MUA not to show
me anything in it ever again, so I really don't give a damn.  Here,
have a bottle of homebrew coffee stout as a consolation prize."

Cheers!  Here's to hoping that all of this nostalgia makes everyone in
this decade realize how damned the desktop (and, by extension somehow,
the hobbyist) computing space happens to be.