Re: Linux friendly smartphones?

*The* "Linux-friendly" phone would be the openmoko Neo Freerunner.  The
keyboard is only touch screen, but you should still check it out if you
are looking for "Linux friendly."

http://www.openmoko.com

You may want to look at the HTC-G1.  Portions of Android are built on
the Linux kernel, there are a ton of apps (most of them free), and it
has a built in keyboard.

http://www.htc.com/www/product/g1/overview.html

-Jason