Clone a hard drive

I just learned something neat.

A simple way to clone a drive (/dev/sda) (C:) to another drive attached
to this system (/dev/sdb) (D:) is to use dd command.

dd if=/dev/sda  of=/dev/sdb

This command will copy each bit from sda (Master drive) to sdb (Slave
drive) including MBR (Master Boot record). Thus after cloning new drive
(sdb) is ready for deployment. This will also copy any information like
File System IDs etc.

I did this while booted in my Ubuntu OS on the sda drive.  The sda drive
has Ubuntu and Windows XP on it.  I'll bet this would also work if you
only had Windows on your drive and booted into Linux using a Live Linux
CD.  It takes a long time but it works.

Everett