Re: External HDD Format?

I am running UBUNTU 8.10 and need help. I have SAMBA installed. I have system on 40gig, and I have a 60gig and 100gig installed. I can set up shares on the root(40gig) drive and read/write from my XP Prosp2 box, but I cannot take ownership of the other 2 drives.  They are mounted and I can open them,  just no write ability.  Also, the FSTAB file can be opened, but nothing is there.   I have w-r permissions set in samba for the 60&100 gig drives, but cannot find how to use them.  Windows can see them and I can make a network connection to them just not xfer files to them or save anything to them in Linux either as I do not own them and cannot figure out to get that done.

Any help will be appreciated.

RMStringer