External HDD Format?

I encountered an issue I've never had before tonight, a file actually too big for a FAT32 partition, the external is an old 80GB that I use for all of my Linux .iso files and about 10GB of media files I need to keep around.  My question is what format should I use, I don't really need it to by Windows compatible so I'm considering Ext 3, but thought I would ask what format would be ideal if I plan on it only be used with Linux.

--
"You must control your future by taking command of your present, and fixing and learning from your past."

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."