Re: Triple booting with XP x64, Fedora x64, and Ubuntu x64.

Hey Matt,

No, you cannot really what you intend to with VMware. You need to run either ESXi Server as your host OS, and virtualize VIH nodes with that, or if your Host OS is Lnux, or Windows, you can install the respective VMserver for it, and create virtual instances or a guest OS with that .

Within VMware though, you can take snapshot of your nodes easily, and move them, shutdown, allocate resources on demand, etc .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMware_ESX

--
#!/usr/bin/rh stop

---- Matt Wehland <mattw@webtripper.com> wrote:

=============
Roger Hill wrote:
> This is just a thought, but why don't you just try setting up a VMware server ?
>
> I run all of those OS'es (and more) at the same time on a 64 bit dual core AMD Athlon box with 3 large hard drives in it, and about 3 GB of RAM.
>
> You have the option with virtualization to add more disks, memory, cpu's, take snapshots of your servers, etc.
>
> The "VMware Server", and now the "VMware ESXi Server" and  is free to download when you register at their site, you get the full version of their software.
>
> Just my $ 0.02 cents ... :-P

Can I install Vista from a backed up install into vmware or do I need
actual install disks?

I just got home and have a new laptop (Refurb Gateway P6831FX 17"
screen, 3G) that I need to back up since I didn't get install disks with it.

I would normally not even worry about it, but I may need to run Autocad
and some others windows programs on it.  Also I can not find a way to
our HP plotters via linux (topic for another thread).
So I want to have windows on it, but would love to have my linux for
most things.

Thanks,

Matt Wehland