Re: [DISCUSS] Installing GCC, Compiling Open Source Code for Robotics Project

(note: since I didn't notice gmail didn't reply to silug, but instead
to mr strong directly, here is a copy of an earlier message)

Going to be betting you are using Ubuntu or one of its derivatives.
By default, the ability to "su" up to root is disabled, instead they
encourage using "sudo" to do the things you would normally do as the
root user.

what exactly is the overall goal of this little endeavor?  we only
have part of the story and have no access to your prior emails
involving Mr Dooling.