Re: [OT] Care to PID anyone?

At 08:49 AM 10/21/2006 -0500, NZG wrote:
>I did a lot of the high level stuff lately, still have the old linear control
>books.
>Can probably help with some specific questions.
>
>NZG.

Thanks! Actually, I'm trying to figure out the actual variables on the
UT550 - we need to use it to control a motor field current; the input will
be the output motor speed. For this application, there will be long periods
of steady-state, and then a BIG change in load, so the second question is
how will each variable tune the process. I know a lot of that is
system-related, but it would be nice to have a handle on the starting points.

         Thanks!

         Lee

PS - This is one of our current projects, .. if there would be any time
involved.