moderately intelligent question

i was working on my downloads with bittorrent-gui when i realized the
program told me i had a firewall in place (or nat'd).  so i started
trying to figure out how to fix it since i was positive i told the
iptables program what to do about that.  i never saved it ... wasn't
thinking i had too (automatic save?).

so i sat down and started figuring out how to set up my own iptables
chain and this is where i got.  i'm stuck because the commaand prompt
keeps telling me that i have no chain by the name of the chain that
exists.  frustrating.  so i'm telling it to make a new chain [iptables
--new BitTorrent] and then i tell it to put a new rule in the chain (i
think) as follows below.  Then the computer promptly tells me that there
is no rule/chain/target by that name.

#!/bin/bash
#original line follows.
#iptables -I RH-Firewall-1-INPUT --protocol tcp --dport 6881:6899 -i
eth0 -j ACCEPT
#iptables -I BitTorrent-2-OUPUT --protocol udp --dport 6881 -i eth0 -j
ACCEPT
#
service iptables --stop
iptables --new BitTorrent
iptables -I BitTorrent-1-INPUT --protocol tcp --dport 6881:6899 -i eth0
-j ACCEPT
iptables -I BitTorrent-2-OUPUT --protocol udp --dport 6881 -i eth0 -j ACCEPT
#udp is OUTPUT right?  i remember azureus griping about outbound traffic
and the udp ...
service iptables --save
service iptables --startservice iptables --start

--
hbrhodes		| Google your noodle!	|
hbrhodes@gmail.com	| http://mail.google.com|