rar and libstndc++.so.5

i rar'ed everything i needed to back up and i put fc4 on (was using
fc3). when i finished the installation, i tried using rar again and it
says there is no libstdc++ installed. i've found it, thing is there is
no libstdc++.so.5.  which is what it wants, so i made a link to
libstdc++.so and named it what it wanted and put it in /usr/lib.
still doesn't work.

now my problem is that i need libstd whatever in order to use rar, or i
can't get my information back, i'm wondering if anyone has a solution to
this before i go and wipe my harddrive putting fc3 back on to fix this
mess.  : (

--
bentley rhodes		| Southeast Missouri University
hbrhodes1s@semo.edu	| College of Nursing, Spring 2008.