Re: your mail

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 03:24:56PM -0600, Mike808 wrote:
> More AMD SuperMicro mobos: http://www.supermicro.com/Aplus/

It's funny that you can't find any mention of that on their main site,
isn't it?

Despite that, we've used several of the H8SSL-i boards.  They're nice.
(They'd be perfect if they had a few more PCI slots.)

We're building a server with one of the H8DAE boards now.  We'll
probably use them instead of the Arima HDAMA boards in the future if
this one goes well.  (They are almost identical boards.)

> Steve, that fancy dual-core unit you were bragging about not too long
> ago is now a "legacy" system.

Hardly.  Dual dual-core is still pretty nice.  Granted, they cost half
as much now as they did when I got mine, but still...

Now when the quad cores are cheap, I'll admit that my system isn't all
that impressive.  ;-)

On a somewhat related note, 2GB DIMMs are getting cheap.

(618)398-3000             | See web site for meeting details.