Re: silug-discuss

NZG wrote:

>>That's because ATI, Matrox, nVidia and just about every other graphics
>>card short of the Intel i85x/91x/95x does _not_ have DRI or GLX support,
>>only 2D support, in the stock MIT Xorg drivers
>>

>>That's because ATI, Matrox, nVidia and just about every other graphics
>>card short of the Intel i85x/91x/95x does _not_ have DRI or GLX support,
>>only 2D support, in the stock MIT Xorg drivers
>>

>Have you tried downloading the driver and GLX installation scripts directly
>from Nvidia?
>That has always been the cleanest and easiest solution for me.
>
>For my Debian testing system I just downloaded the scripts, clicked a few
>buttons and was up and running.
>
>NZG
>
>-
>To unsubscribe, send email to majordomo@silug.org with
>"unsubscribe silug-discuss" in the body.

i went to nvidia.com, and downloaded the appropriate shell script (or
whatever it was).  i then tried booting into init 3 by changing the
inittab setting, and it told me that it did not find a preconfigured
kernel for my OS.  i dunno.  i'm waiting for azureus (which continues to
give me a declining share ratio even though its been seeding everything
i've downloaded for two months) to download FC5 and i'll try that one.
i'm probably going to have to format ... and that is going to suck.  i
don't think the upgrade option works (or so my peers at work tell me).

--
bentley rhodes		| Southeast Missouri University
hbrhodes1s@semo.edu	| College of Nursing, Spring 2008.