Bittorrent share ratio

i've looked at the BT faq, and the Azureus faq; they basically say that
my user share ratio sucks (yellow) because i'm not seeding my downloaded
files.  however, i believe the faq stated the only way to share _all_ of
them was to 'force share' or force-seed them.  Even after doing this my
share ratio continues to plumit.  i don't get it, has anyone noticed
this on their computer?  i can't exactly help that my download speed is
(max) is 3 gigabits and my upload is only 256k (maybe, charter you know).

anyone have any experience with how i can fix this particular problem?
--

bentley rhodes		| Southeast Missouri University
hbrhodes@semo.edu	| College of Nursing, Spring 2008.