Re: DNS Question

-----Original Message-----

Yes, caching CentOS

>2)  are all the machines on your network on the same domain name, i.e.
>pc1.foo.net, pc2.foo.net with the domain being foo.net.

Yes

>3)  if 2 do you have the machine set up to use your domain name as a
>suffix search?
I believe so, but I'm not certain

>4)  if you are not doing 1, are you using some sort of centralized
>management for user accounts on these machines?

They are their own workstations, no domain controller (atleast for
authentication, policies, etc)

>5)  if you are using a centralized management system, what are you using?

>6)  what OS's are the machines on this network?

2 running Linux distro's and 2 winblows xp machines

I'm pretty certain that I just need some sort of lookup table for my caching
DNS, but I don't know which file to edit.

>>> This is probably a very simple one, but I'm simply not finding the
answers
>>> required.  This is more of a Network question than a Linux question but

--
Tighe Schlottog         workape         fiaid
"Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense."