PHP CMS Systems

Good day all,
     I'm looking at building an asset tracking system via php, and
didn't want to do all the work.  I figure one of the CMS systems
(php-nuke and others) must have either an asset tracking add-on that
I'm missing, or are easy enough to add modules to.

Does anyone have any advice for what CMS I should give a serious look
at?  I'm not really interested in any features that most of them have,
I just wanted a nice base that supported the multi-level access and
such so I don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks in advance.

GS