Re: Fedora/Ubuntu on G5 iMac

Oh, I assure you, I -love-  OS X. It's just far to sexy to not use,
but when I installed I went off and made a 40G Linux partition and I
would hate to waste it.

I got past that first error ( I was trying to use the wrong kernel
image, I had forgotten that G5 is a 64 bit processor ), but now it
gives some image about bbtext or something like that, and says Setup
Arch and stops. :-\ (I'd have pictures of my stupid rechargeable
batteries are refusing to charge.. ironic?)
I'd love to use Mac OS X for everything, and I am not morally opposed
to it, but I want to run all those fun Linux/X11 apps that I enjoyed
so much. I've used Fink and Darwinports, but they use a lot of rather
old packages. :-(
I tried to compile GNOME with DarwinPorts ( not to use it over Aqua,
but pretty much because I had nothing better to do ) and it didn't
work very well.. or really at all.
I guess it's not a big deal, but it would  be nice to get Linux on it.
[ a unix terminal looks super sexy on the 17" LCD screen ]

Anyways, I'd at least like a decent LiveCD to boot. :-\

-- Kyle Pointer <fluffyarmada@gmail.com>
"The only constant in the universe, is inconsistency."