Re: Universal Disc Format (UDF) -- WAS: HD Backup

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 17:44 -0600, NZG wrote:
> Indeed, an interesting thread.
> I may move some of our embedded MMC/SD systems to this if testing pans out.
> I'll keep you updated, especially if I can't get it to work ;-)

Do _not_ use UDF on flash devices that do _not_ support it.
You're asking for a lot of issues.

And it should be rather _impossible_ if your embedded systems boot from
it.

Consider UDF when you need to store UNIX attributes, because FAT32
doesn't offer that.

--
Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org
http://thebs413.blogspot.com