Re: FC4 + yum, apt, CPAN, and repositories

On Dec 21, 2005, at 11:05 AM, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> Your best bet is to stick with yum using just Fedora Core, Fedora
> Extras, and rpm.livna.org.

Excellent.  I just added livna to my repository list.

> If there is a module that you want that isn't available from one of
> those, you should probably check bugzilla.redhat.com to see if it has
> been submitted for review already.  If it has, review it.  :-)
>
> If not, you can roll your own really easily using cpanspec (something
> I wrote), which will hopefully be available from Extras soon, but in
> the mean time can be installed from my repository:
>
>   http://apt.kspei.com/fedora/4/i386/RPMS.kspei/

Will do.  I don't mind building CPAN modules from source.  But if I
can turn them into RPMs that's a real benefit to me, greatly
simplifying system administration.  In addition if I can submit them
to the repositories so others can use them, that's an even bigger bonus.

Thanks, Steve.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent