Re: Linux Visio

NZG <ngustavson@emacinc.com> wrote:
> Anyone know of a good flowchart drawing tool for Linux?
> Something like Visio?

Kivio is KDE's diagramming program with stencils.

Dia is GNOME's diagramming program, but it's really lacking
and fairly stalled.

If you just want a "vector-graphics" editing program, then
OpenOffice.org/StarOffice's Draw is good enough for me.  I
use it for my diagrams used in my CMP Media publications,
both JPG (web) and EPS (print) versions.  E.g.,
  http://www.samag.com/documents/s=9408/sam0411b/0411b_f7.htm

It can connect lines to boxes and automatic retracing, just
like typical diagram programs.  Draw, however, is lacking in
stencils -- even StarOffice's added complement is rather
weak.

mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org     |  (please excuse any