Re: [cwe-lug] CWE-LUG meeting this Saturday, November 12th

Hello all,

On Nov 9, 2005, at 8:58 AM, Robert Citek wrote:
> Just a reminder that this Saturday, November 12th, the CWE-LUG will
> be meeting at the Schlafly Library, at the corner of Euclid and
> Lindell from 3pm-5pm.

Yes, another reminder, mostly because I wanted to mention that we'll
have two topics at this months meeting:

1) Agent M will be doing a presentation on networking.  Specifically,
his presentation will demonstrate the usefulness of network tunneling
and the futile attempts of network administrators to lock-down access
to the Internet.

2) A viewing and discussion of Mark Shuttleworth's talk (downloadable
in mpeg and ogg [1,2]) at debconf 2005.  Mark Shuttleworth[3] is a
Debian developer, the first African in space, and the founder of
Ubuntu, among other things.  For more details about Mark, have a look
at his biography[4].

Of course, feel free to to bring your machines and participate as
much or as little as you like in the above two topics.  The
conference room is plenty big.

I also suspect that we'll have some lively discussion about the GPL
given the recent thread on the cwelug list[5].

[1] http://linux.blogweb.de/uploads/02-Ubuntu_Talk-
Mark_Shuttleworth.mpeg
[2] http://atlas.secs.oakland.edu/~castro/Shuttleworth_debconf5.ogg
[3] http://www.markshuttleworth.com/
[4] http://www.markshuttleworth.com/bio.html
[5] http://www.mail-archive.com/cwe-lug@lists.firepipe.net/msg02029.html

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent