Re: Quake 4

William Underwood <wllmundrwd@charter.net> wrote:
> That's funny!  You're giving hardware advice to the guy
> that maintains the HCL...!

There is a major difference between hardware compatibility
and feature settings.  I've run into this same issue with
Windows as much as Linux, you start adding channels and 3D
effect and you bloat the digital stream from just a few MB to
an order of magnitude more.

Now Steven said he had a Emu10k (SBLive!), so that can't be
the issue.  I guess I'll have have to get the game and try it
on my Emu10k1 (Audigy2) and see what's the problem.

> Man, will egos, I mean wonders, never cease... :-)

Just what the heck does this have to do with "ego"?
Fine, I won't post any damn suggestion _ever_ again.
I'm tired of people picking on my suggestions.

mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org     |  (please excuse any