yum - package discovery (was: Where oh where has my uudecode gone?)

On Sep 23, 2005, at 11:42 AM, Harold Crouch wrote:
> RC> 1) how did you know the path for uudecode or does it not matter?
>
> $ which uudecode

Sure ... after uudecode is installed.  But how do you know before?

Let me rephrase the question more generally.  Suppose package foo
provides program bar and package foo is not installed on my system.
If I want to run file bar, how would I use yum to discover what
package contains file bar?

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent