Re: Where oh where has my uudecode gone?

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 09:54:26AM -0500, Robert Citek wrote:
> 1) how did you know the path for uudecode or does it not matter?

If it is a user command (not something that is usually only run by
root), and it isn't in /bin, it's probably in /usr/bin.

  $ ls /usr/bin | wc -l
  3089

It's kind of full on the average Fedora box...

> 2) apt is on its way out in general or just for fedora?

For Fedora.  I think Debian is committed to fixing it to do multilib.
The rpm world has all moved on to their own tools (yum, smart, etc.).

I'm trying to adjust.  :-)

(618)398-3000             | See web site for meeting details.