Re: verizon dsl

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Leon Raymer wrote:

> Verizon has come into my area with dsl where there was previously only
> Shawneelink and Neon. Verizon is making an offer cutting the monthly
> cost to about half of the others.
>
> But, Verizon seems to be a Windows only operation. Even the install CD
> requires Windows and the first thing it does is search for the Microsoft
> JVM. Ouch.

Don't know of any DSL services that require Windoze, as in almost all
cases the CD just installs the provider's 'preferred environment' (home
page, search link, etc.).

In some cases you have the 'secret link' to setup your PPPOE account.

-- Have you tried pointing your browser to the router and check config?
192.168.1.1 is the most common IP.

-- Are you using PPPOE? If so, a google search might reveal the 'secret
site' like SBC uses to setup your account:

https://sbcreg.sbcglobal.net

Login: sbcyahooreg@sbcglobal.net
password:sbcyahooreg

	HTH,