Re: Copyright pre-registration requires Internet Explorer

On Aug 17, 2005, at 8:39 PM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 20:03 -0500, Robert Citek wrote:
>> Does anyone have a problem with IE being the only browser used to
>> pre-
>> register copyrighted material?
>>
>>  From http://www.copyright.gov/fedreg/2005/70fr44878.html :
>
> Already more-than-adequately covered/discussed Monday on /.
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/08/15/1150229&tid=103&tid=1

Yes, it had been covered on slashdot, but, no, I don't think
adequately.  While I found plenty of the typical slashdot comments, I
found no information of what exactly were the issues that the
Copyright office wanted addressed, to whom the comments should be
sent, by when, and how.  While those items are buried in the official
government RFC, they are not once mentioned nor answered in any post
I read on slashdot (nor groklaw, nor FSF).  Not even the sample
letter from the original poster addressed questions 2 and 4 that I
wrote in my post.  Then again, there's the possibility that I over
looked it.

Besides, repetition and redundancy and duplication are a good thing
(RAID, anyone?).  Saying or writing something over and over again
emphasizes its importance.  Furthermore, what's more important than
people talking about it on slashdot or forums or mailing list is that
people actually type a letter that answers the Copyright offices
questions, print it out 5 times, sign it, and send it ASAP.

So, I urge everyone to type, print, and mail your comments to the
Copyright office.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent