Re: Secure File Transfers

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 14:29 -0600, Tim McDonough wrote:
>> In responding to my question regarding SSH attacks several have pointed
>> out that old ftp is not the best way to transfer files these days.
>> There seem to be several options and alternatives. We need something
>> that has both Linux and Windows clients. Recommendations?

> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:02:38 -0500, Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith@ieee.org> wrote:
>
> Which is why I recommend Cygwin as a standard install on every Windows
> image.  MONAD was supposed to solve this with Longhorn, but it's now out
> and will only be an unsupported add-on.
>
> --Bryan J. Smith                                     b.j.smith@ieee.org

WinSCP (http://winscp.net/eng/index.php) is free, easy to install and has a very friendly interface, and although it doesn't meet your criteria for running on both platforms (just Windows), I'd recommend taking a look.

Myself working on a Linux workstation, command-line scp (or sftp) is what I tend to use.

--rich

Rich Mann
Illinois Century Network RTC7
217-353-2695