Re: FC4/x86_64 and ALSA: [long] noise and distortion

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 01:49 -0500, Stephen Reindl wrote:
> Nathaniel Reindl wrote:
>
> ><snip>
> >
> >I've also ruled out bad audio hardware because the cards all work fine
> >in the Windows box I have sitting next to me.  No distortion, nothing.
> >
> ><snip>
> >

> Hmm, guess what I'm gonna tell ya. How's that Windows XP64 coming along?
> Is it out of beta yet? How's your dual-head working? Are we fed up yet?
> Bwahahahahaha.
>
> Stephen D. Reindl
> AASNDA, AASET, CCNP, jackal of all, master of nun. Victim of the TelCo
> trunk monkey.
>
> By the way folks, I have upgraded to FC4 twice now. Both times the
> installer acknowledges success and asks to have the discs removed prior
> to reboot. The installer lies. There is no FC4 kernel, and grub is not
> updated. Whatever. Linux does not long live here now anyway. And, why do
> only half my posts seem to make it there alive?

Steve,

FWIW, a FC3 -> FC4 upgrade on this 32-bit laptop produced a barely
functioning mutant that I had to put out of its misery. I'm afraid FC4
will go down in history as one of the most aggressive and buggy Fedora
releases to date. There really should have been one or two more test
releases before it was pronounced RFPT.

-- Doc
Robert G. (Doc) Savage, BSE(EE), CISSP, RHCE | Fairview Heights, IL
Fedora Core 4 kernel 2.6.12-1.1398_FC4 on a P-III/M IBM Thinkpad A22p
            ** Bob Costas for Baseball Commissioner **