Re: /etc/hosts not consulted

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 02:04 -0500, Kyle Pointer wrote:
> Don't mean to start any sort of flame war or anything, but it is my
> opinion that SELinux has issues. I, personally, will disable SELinux
> during the Fedora install, because it always messes up my video drivers,
> and will sometimes keep MySQL from talking to Apache correctly. :|
> I might play with it every once in a while, but often I simple cannot
> use it because it is debilitating to my system, and if I can't serve my
> webpage, I become very angry. :)

Mandatory Access Controls (MACs) are always a PITA, they always will be.
But the more they are proliferated, the more they will be accommodated.

Red Hat has the reputation for forcing change, and they have always been
_good_ changes.  "Unforking" GLibC with version 2, "forcing" ANSI C++
compliance with GCC 2.96/3, "backporting" NPTL in kernel 2.4, and
enabling SELinux by default in kernel 2.6.

Red Hat ships a well-tested distro, including the default SELinux
setups.  But when you start adding other software, or configuring it
differently, MACs will definitely cause you some headaches.  It always
will.

--
Bryan J. Smith                                     b.j.smith@ieee.org
It is mathematically impossible for someone who makes more than you