CVS question...

I know this isn't a CVS list or a PHP list, but I'm not sure where to
get help on this. I know this is a problem that other developers have
faced, but I'm not sure how they solved it. Anyway, here's the issue...

I recently started using CVS for my PHP development projects. In the
past, I simply edited files on my local machine and then scp'ed the
whole directory over to the server. Now, there are all sorts of CVS
created files in the directory and I can't just scp the whole thing
without copying all that garbage over also. So, I am stuck either scping
files one at a time manually or scping the whole thing and then going
through and deleting the CVS files on the server. What is the solution
for this? I thought about writing a script that looks at the entire
directory structure and deletes the CVS files. In essence, I'd scp the
whole thing and then execute this script on the directory. It seems kind
of dumb to me... Anyway, what do other people use for this problem?

Thanks,
Ken Keefe