Re: Wanting opinions... -- widespread lack of UNIX history

At 11:42 AM 6/20/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>The article tried to make the case that BSD could replace Linux.
>They cannot because they only support a subset of Linux's functionality.
>I realize there is a long sad story as to why this is, but nevertheless,
>it is
>the truth.

Not really. If your goals are security and 'peace of mind' without having
to 'get' it yourself, you choose the tool that matches your objectives.

Claming a lack of functionality is also quite meaningless. Linux has more
drivers and s/w packages, but I believe OBSD (and NBSD) actually supports
more architectures than any single distro.

         Lee