FC4/x86_64 install: kernel panic (unable to mount root FS)

For those of you not subscribed to fedora-list who're attempting to
install FC4/x86_64 and who've been getting the same kernel panic
messages screaming about being unable to mount the root FS upon bootup
that I've been getting, I have a solution from fedora-list that worked
for me that you might be willing to try.

    At the ISOLINUX boot: prompt, type in some random garbage and hit
        enter.  It'll yell at you like always.

    After that, use the boot: prompt as you normally would.

--
Nathaniel Reindl
Fedora Core 3 kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC3 on an AMD Opteron 240