Re: Current PCI wireless cards

> From: Tim McDonough <tim@mcdonough.net>
> Date: 2005/06/09 Thu AM 07:41:25 CDT

> Does anyone now of a source for an extension cable that will let me
> take the antenna off the back of the PCI card and raise it up into the
> floor joists of the ceiling above? Ideally about 10 feet or so would
> be nice.

Not saying it'll be cheap, but you could try these guys:
http://www.bizsyscon.com/

They sell all kinds of wireless networking gear (including complete WISP
setups) on eBay under the id "rod40".  They're in the west St. Louis
area, in Crestwood.

Of course, you might be just as well off getting a USB wifi adapter, so
that you'll be able to hang the USB cable on the wall.  That's what
I did with a system recently, where they wanted to use their neighbors'
internet service.  The problem was the house that wanted the hookup is
on a slab, and they're higher than the other house, so in order to
get a line-of-sight (sort of, it was still through the walls) signal,
I had to lift up the adapter almost to the ceiling...

Well, there's a couple options for you...

> Tim

Good luck,
William

--