Re: need a recommendation on a good laptop

I recently bought an Acer 2200 Travelmate off Tiger direct for around 700
bucks.
It comes pre-installed with XP, and intelligently uses 2 partitions, dividing
the memory right in half, so if you want to install Linux, you can do it
without re-partitioning everything.
The standard Debian install freaked out, but Knoppix went right in, with no
special monkeybusiness.
Also I believe Acer distributes their own Linux version, but I'm a bit scared
of it.

Anyway, if you looking for a cheaper laptop I'd recommend it.
It's got a Celeron 2.8Gig with a Radeon 9000.

I upgraded the RAM(pretty easy to do) and I can run Guild Wars on it's XP side
with almost full graphical acceleration (which I have been doing every
night :)

I'm pretty happy with it,
NZG.