Re: Wednesday, 5/4/2005 O'Fallon meeting

From: Kyle Pointer <kapointer@charter.net>
> I have ordered some Ubuntu CD's as well. If anyone wants them I have,
> 5 i386 ( generic desktop PC )
> 2 PPC ( mac )
> 3 AMD 64 ( if you don't know you don't have it )

What kind of facilities do we have for what duration and focus?
I.e., I can either bring my notebook,
or I can bring my 5.5"x12"x12" MicroATX Athlon64 and Sceptre 19" LCD.

The latter is not too difficult to tear down, port and setup (the Sceptre is easiest of any LCD),
but if we don't have tables and other goodies, it's probably not worth it.
My Athlon64 3200+, despite it's small form-factor, has a GeForce 6800GT in it,
so it's no pushover.

I could bring another hard drive and try the Ubuntu AMD64 distro,
if anyone is interested how some of the compatibility issues/details of bin64/lib64
running bin32/lib32.

--
Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org