Re: Gnome's dependence on networking...

> BTW, in your other post, it sounds like you are booting DHCP, but your
> leases don't expire for a week or so.
> Check /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.

Here is the contents of that ifcfg file:

DEVICE=eth0
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
IPADDR=192.168.1.29
USERCTL=no
PEERDNS=yes
GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
IPV6INIT=no

Something wrong with that? I killed the dhclient process that I talked
about in an earlier post because I saw that
/var/lib/dhcp/dhclient-eth0.leases contained several leases that were
set to renew. I also deleted that leases file too. I am hoping this will
solve the problem.

Ken