Re: oh boy, oh boy, oh boy

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 05:32 -0600, sreindl@apci.net wrote:
> This looks pretty cool. If it would only break the spammer's fingers too.
> http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/fairuce

Unfortunately that would block anyone who has mail that originates from
a private IP, or a device on another network, but legitimately logged
into their ISP's SMTP server.

E.g., my Treo authenticates into my Earthlink.NET SMTP server to relay
mail, but I'm sure is originating from another network (Cingular).  If I
get a CardBus GPRS wireless card, same issue.

--
Bryan J. Smith                                  b.j.smith@ieee.org
Community software is all about choice, choice of technology.