Re: Radeon 9000 3D linux support? DRI experiences?

Indeed they do, however this is somewhat confusing, as if you visit their
section on drivers for laptops it says:

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27

It may be that each 9000 chip gets hooked up a little differently.

Which makes me wonder about how flexible their 8500+ driver is, and if it's
going to support OpenGL(or something equiv). Also I fear that since their
driver was written for an earlier model, it may work, but probably isn't
using the hardware acceleration the device actually provides.
They certainly don't seem real enthused about supporting the penguins.
The DRI stuff may have more man hours logged into this.

All of Acers support for their laptop is limited to Win XP.
http://support.acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/portal.cfm?website=AcerPanAm.com&originwebsite=AcerPanAm.com&pupv=pu&formid=3394#results

Of course, I may just be being paranoid, and it's possible that ATI's stuff
will work just fine, I just thought I'd poll the list to see if anyone had
personal experience with this.

thx,
NZG