Re: HD PVR Build-In

Brian Fitzwater wrote ..
> Any one interested in having a HD PVR build-in?

I have the PC-3000 HDTV card and would be willing to bring it to such  a
meeting for folks willing to try it out.

I believe that it may be possible with a firmware upgrade to enable the
card to receive _unencrypted_ digital cable (QAM-64/QAM-256). However, the
cable companies have been known to rotate the channels randomly, making any
previous channel assignments and guide information useless.

Arrrrggggghhh, mateys. Aye be attendin' the build-in. Arrrrgggghh ye? ;-)

Also, the going rate for equivalent proprietary hostageware OS HDTV cards
is in the $200 - $300 range, so this product is actually cheaper for
freedomware users to obtain the equivalent hardware.

Craig Buchek (craig from buchek.com) has some in stock, I believe if you're
looking for a local source. I'm sure that Steve at The Computer Shop (kspei.com)
can get it for you if Craig is out. You can always order online too, direct from
http://www.pchdtv.com/

mike/