Re: ext2 troubles

On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 19:11 -0600, bntly.rhds wrote:
> anyone had any experience with their usb drive saying that it has a bad
> super block?  this is my /etc/fstab entry:
> /dev/sda1               /media/usbdisk          ext2

  ^^^^^^^^^  Did you partition it?  If not, this should be /dev/sda

> users,uid=bntly_rhds,gid=wheel,umask=007,noauto,sync    0 0
>
> anyone know what is there that might indicate why the usbdrive won't
> load on boot?  should their be a 'defaults' after the 'sync' option?  or
> should the 0 0 be 1 2?  and what does that 1 2 or 0 0 mean?  is 1 2
> referring to read write?

These values are dump, and pass, respectively.  The dump value indicates
whether the filesystem information should be dumped.  The "pass" value
indicates to fsck the order in which the filesystems are checked.  On my
systems, this latter value is set to "1" for the root filesystem, and
"0" for the others.

--
Paul Nicholas McCubbins <nick77@dtnspeed.net>