Re: USB2 and thumb drives limit?

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 22:00 -0600, bntly_rhds wrote:
> i know i'm ignorant, but do they have the same title to the drives?

Bentley,

Perceptive question, but no. I've added two entries to my file system
table that allow me to manually mount/unmount either whenever I want.

$ cat /etc/fstab | grep thumb
/dev/sda /mnt/thumb  vfat noauto,users 0 0
/dev/sdb /mnt/thumb2 vfat noauto,users 0 0

The thumb drives themselves are (a) Sony Microvault 256MB and (b) Apacer
Steno 1GB. Individually, 'lsusb' correctly detects and identifies them.

They make great "ultrafloppies". Indeed, they came formatted just like
enormous floppy disks -- without partitions. That's why their devices
names are simply /dev/sda and /dev/sdb rather than /dev/sdaN
or /dev/sdbN where N=1..4.

-- Doc
Robert G. (Doc) Savage, BSE(EE), CISSP, RHCE | Fairview Heights, IL
Fedora Core 3 kernel 2.6.10-1.766_FC3 on a P-III/M IBM Thinkpad A22p
"Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
                         -- Admiral of the Fleet Sergei G. Gorshkov