charter and router adventures

	hey does anyone use charter?  i'm able to use the charter surfboard box
fine, but when i use it with my D-Link 514 router (base model wireless)
it won't work.  it worked fine with my aDSL thing.  i even changed it
over from PPPoE to DYNAMIC, and wiped out all the rules on it.  then i
even tried turning off the DHCP thingee.  it still won't work.
	well, then i started banging my head against the wall.  then i started
messing with my router, like i said i deleted all the entries for
everything.  but to get the router to work i had to actually jack into
the charter.net surfboard modem, and then go to the configuration
screen.  there it told me the dhcp addy's that would be accepted by the
cable modem, and i had to redo the configuration of my router under the
home/lan tab; i set that to "192.168.100.2" (and hit apply at the bottom
of the screen) for the d-link routers ip addy.  then i jumped down to
home/dhcp and inserted the new range of computers to be from
192.168.100.11, to 192.168.100.42!  after applying the rules, and then
using FC3 Linux's network under system settings/network (i had to change
eth0 under DNS to the new d-link routers ip addy of 100.2), it fired
right up and i was on the web again.
	i rule.
:))
--