Re: Microsoft edging toward the brink? -- more commentary ...

On Sat, 2005-02-12 at 12:19 -0800, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Which makes me wonder why Sun is so critical of Red Hat?  Kinda reminds
> me of Apple and IBM, when Apple's real threat was Microsoft.  Sun is so
> critical of Red Hat, yet Novell is going to be one of their biggest
> competitors very soon.  Sun's focus is much like Novell's --
> distribution and control -- not Red Hat's**.  So it's funny to see this.

I posted a pair of messages to my local PC_Support expanding on this.

"Novell, Red Hat and Sun, it's like Microsoft, IBM and Apple all over
again ..."

http://lists.leap-cf.org/pipermail/pc_support/2005-February/000179.html
http://lists.leap-cf.org/pipermail/pc_support/2005-February/000180.html

--
Bryan J. Smith                                  b.j.smith@ieee.org
Community software is all about choice, choice of technology.