Re: rivafb module

> Well, that would explain some of my strange lock up problems...
Maybe, maybe not.
If your Laptop is an AMD Athlon base. Then as long as your recompiling your
kernel I would strongly suggest turning off any SMP support(which in the 2.4
series will turn of APIC support)
As I understand it there's a bug with it when applied to Athlon's, I had
lockups too until I disabled this.

This probably also applies to Semprons, but I don't have any experience with
them yet, so I can't say for sure.

As far as the rivab stuff goes, I believe it's part of the open source NVIDIA
driver thats built into the kernel. I always use the NVIDIA script as well.

I have never had much luck with this, even in the new 2.6 series.
I would certainly like to hear success stories if anyone has them.

NZG.