Re: NFS nightmare

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, bentley_rhodes wrote:

> no offense, but i'm starting to see why Windows is so popular!

< begin soapbox, random musings, preach-to-the-choir >

	None taken, at least by me.  It's a common, and IMNSHO, valid
comment.  Linux requires a learning curve, and in deference to Bryan, it's
primarily because most of us were brought up on Windows, which requires
different (less?) thought than UNIX/Linux.  (Part of Windows
simplicity-of-use is why it's such a security hazard to run.) A lot of
folks find Mac OSX to be a good compromise between the two.

	The flip side of that, and part of the reason I tend not to opt
for GUI/point-and-click type of interaction with my computer is that I
know FAR more about computing because of Linux, that I doubt I would have
learned if I stuck with Windows.  If you've ever parsed through the output
of dmesg, you'll see my point.

</end soapbox>

--
Richard H. Fifarek