bulk filename changes

Good evening,

I'm stumped not sure where to look.  Here's what I want to do.  I have a
bunch of pictures that are named similar to this pb040016.jpg.in.out.
What I want is to rename the file to this pb040016.jpg.  But I have a
bunch of files like this.  I know this is probably pretty simple but I'm
not sure what command(s) could help.  My only stipulation, if at all
possible, is to not use perl/python/sed or awk.  But feel free to offer
up perl one-liners that would do this.  It will help further what little
(I emphasize little) perl knowledge that I have.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jason
--
Jason Smith