Re: RHEL weather applet

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 15:56, Nathaniel Reindl wrote:
On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 03:12:20PM -0600, dsavage@peaknet.net wrote:
> > Is anybody familiar with the Weather Report v2.2.2 applet distributed
with
> > RHEL3? Mine crashes whenever I click on Preferences to change its default
> > location from Pittsburgh. I've Googled the SourceForge WR project, but it
> > doesn't seem to be the same package.
>
> Go ahead and see what rebuilding the SRPM does before you consider
> compiling it from scratch from a stable distribution or directly from
> CVS.
>
> fenrir:~$ rpm -qf /usr/libexec/gweather-applet-2
> gnome-applets-2.8.0-5
> fenrir:~$
>
> That's on FC3, but the package should have a similar name under RHEL3:
>
> ncftp > open ftp.redhat.com
> ncftp > cd /pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/3/en/os/i386/SRPMS
> ncftp ...ise/3/en/os/i386/SRPMS > ls
> [...]
> gnome-applets-2.2.2-2.src.rpm
> [...]
> ncftp ...ise/3/en/os/i386/SRPMS >
>
> ... which it does.  It could just be that the build for the package is
> botched in some way such that your hardware doesn't like it.  That's
> how it is with hald on my workstation here running FC3.

Nate,

I finally found what I was looking for in

/etc/gconf/gconf.xml/defaults/schemas/apps/gweather/prefs/%gconf.xml

In that file I changed the following values from the Locations file:

        KPIT -> KBLV
        PAZ021 -> ILZ101
        pit -> stl

This location might change in later gnome-applet versions. It still
crashes when I click on Preferences, but who cares?

--Doc