Re: MythTV HD?

"L. V. Lammert" wrote ..
> 3) Most surround sound receivers require digital audo - any idea how to
> connect to this card?

Looks like from the pchdtv forums folks are talking about getting 5.1 streams and it sounds like since the decoding is done in software, a full digital AC3 output is available for your soundcard. So if your soundcard has an SPDIF, or supports 5.1, then your HDTV streams will too.

It sounds like the main problem is broadcasters improperly or not at all identifying the sound channels in the stream as stereo or 5.1.

I saw references to only PBS and some FOX sports programming being 5.1 in HDTV.

Who knows what the STL HDTV broadcasters are sending out currently.

My guess is that some of us will soon know... :=)

Mike/