Re: OT: Broadband in Springfield, IL area

Jimmy Buitt wrote:

> Hey all,
>  I have a friend that will be moving to the Springfield, IL area soon
> who currently has SBC Yahoo! DSL service.  I am wondering what
> coverage (if any) does SBC have in Springfield and what his options
> are for high-speed internet.  Any help will be greatly appreciated!
>
> Jim

 From what I can see on the Telco map, the Local Exchange Carrier in
Springfield is Ameritech Illinois (or Illinois Bell Telephone).  The
exchanges directly NE and SW of Springfield are Verizon but Sprinfield
itself is Ameritech.

I would look there for their broadband offerings.

If you're interested in paying the backhaul to Equality, IL, then
ShawneeLink would be happy to provide broadband ;).