Somewhat OT: stuff I forgot to mention at the meeting

First of all, I want to apologize for everyone for ducking out early
last night and generally being a littly out of it.  Hopefully I didn't
get close enough to anyone to spread this cold...

Anyway, I kept meaning to mention this:

  http://xlivecd.indiana.edu/

That's a Cygwin "live CD".  Basically it lets you pop a CD into a
Windows box and have X and a basic Cygwin environment running from the
CD.  It's pretty slick, although there's more than enough space left
on the CD to put a lot more useful tools.  (The biggest thing I've
missed so far is rsync.  It does have vim, ssh, and perl though, so it
definitely doesn't suck.)

On the subject of notebooks, if anyone is in the market for an
inexpensive one, we are going to start keeping an $899 Acer model
in-stock.  It is a Mobile Sempron 2800+, 512MB RAM, 40GB hard drive,
15" LCD, Windows XP Pro (can't do anything about that, unfortunately),
etc., etc.  It's a little bit large (obviously designed for a larger
LCD), but it isn't terribly heavy.

And on the subject of good deals, if any of you are in the market for
an LCD panel, we are carrying a *really* nice brand (*very* bright).
I think the 19" (1280x1024, with VGA and DVI inputs) is a particularly
good deal at $399.

(618)398-3000             | See web site for meeting details.